Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reject Android/iOS devices

How reject Android/iOS devices

Mauro_M_
New Contributor

Hi all.
I would like to submit a question, my access points are configured with two radio networks: one corporate and one dedicated to mobile devices.
These two radio networks are on different vlan.
Many users uses the corporate network for their own mobiles, so my question is: is it possible to create a rule how reject all Android/iOS devices (by MAC OUI/other) if a device tries to connect to that network? 
If yes, how can I do?

I hope I was clear, if not, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your time
Mauro

My setup is:
- VX9000 controller version 5.9.1.3-007R
- Access points: AP-8432, AP-7632, AP-7522

9 REPLIES 9

Mauro_M_
New Contributor

Thanks Chris for your support, it’s very usefull in order to block/allow specific MAC.

Do you know if there’s a better way to block/allow an entire brand (all iphones/ipad) without write by hand every single mac oui?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

VERY IMPORTANT:

If you created an association ACL, there is an explicit Deny All rule at the end of the ACL (you can’t see it but it’s there) so it is imperative that you add an allow all rule in your ACL or else all traffic will be denied. 

Add this line at end of your ACL after you’ve entered all the deny rules:

7311bf0b71694c5d9327678363bc8968_e526bb45-412c-4dbb-b58d-ce4b0a8815c0.png

Chris

Christoph S.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Mauro,

Check step 2 of this article for instructions on mapping the ACL to the WLAN:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-create-an-Association-ACL-using-CLI

From GUI:

Configuration » Wireless » Select the WLAN you want to apply this to » Edit » Firewall » Association ACL » Select the ACL you created from the drop down menu » OK » Commit and Save

Thank you,

Chris

Christoph S.

Mauro_M_
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Now I configured my device fringer print group, how can I apply this group to a policy who deny these “fingerprint” to connect to a specifc SSID?

Thanks again

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor

Hello!

You can use device fingerprinting.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/WiNG/5.9.7/WCSRG/downloads/WiNG_5.9.7_Controller_System_Re...

From page 864

Thank you!

GTM-P2G8KFN