Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure different SSID in different ap for same network

How to configure different SSID in different ap for same network

Saravana_inflow
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am using AP310 total 40 Nos. One of the AP act as a controller. We have four different department like CSE, IT, ECE, EEE. Each department have unique SSID.

CSE department have CSE SSID

IT department have IT SSID

ECE department have ECE SSID

EEE department have EEE SSID

I need to configure CSE department Aps are broadcast only CSE SSID, IT department APs are broadcast only IT SSID in single network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Saravana,

You can either create an AP profile specific to the CSE APs in which you configure the SSIDs you want to use and have these APs use this profile or you can go into each AP at device level and add/remove the SSIDs you want or don’t want them to broadcast. 

For the latter option, go to Configuration > Devices > Device Overrides > Select one of the CSE APs > Interface > Radios > Radio 1 > WLAN Mapping/Mesh Mapping > Add or remove the SSIDs you want this AP to broadcast > OK > Exit > Commit and Save > repeat same on Radio 2 and mimic on other CSE APs. 

I hope this helps,

Christoph

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Saravana_inflow
New Contributor

Thanks for your valuable answers

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Saravana,

Yes, you can do this.

On the VC AP, you can either configure the different SSIDs on each individual AP as an override (Device Overrides menu item) or you can create different AP Profiles (Under System Profile section) that would each contain the desired SSID-radio mappings and then you could apply those AP Profiles to the desired APs.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Saravana,

You can either create an AP profile specific to the CSE APs in which you configure the SSIDs you want to use and have these APs use this profile or you can go into each AP at device level and add/remove the SSIDs you want or don’t want them to broadcast. 

For the latter option, go to Configuration > Devices > Device Overrides > Select one of the CSE APs > Interface > Radios > Radio 1 > WLAN Mapping/Mesh Mapping > Add or remove the SSIDs you want this AP to broadcast > OK > Exit > Commit and Save > repeat same on Radio 2 and mimic on other CSE APs. 

I hope this helps,

Christoph

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN