Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new LAN network in Extreme AP 7532

How to create new LAN network in Extreme AP 7532

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor

Hi,

We are using Extreme AP 7532. My LAN is same as WAN network. So for example if WAN IP is 192.168.1.20/24 then my wireless devices are getting IP from the same range 192.168.1.X but now I want to create new LAN network for guest on these APs. for example 10.10.10.X network which will be isolated from main 192.168.1.X network.

How do I achieve this? Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

You’ll need to create the VLAN on your network first (on the switches, etc)...for the new guest network.

Then, you’ll need to setup your APs with a trunk port and include the VLANs for your WLANs that are operating on your APs.

If the guest network is going to be running a captive portal, you’ll need to create an SVI for that VLAN on the AP as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ckelly
Extreme Employee

You’ll need to create the VLAN on your network first (on the switches, etc)...for the new guest network.

Then, you’ll need to setup your APs with a trunk port and include the VLANs for your WLANs that are operating on your APs.

If the guest network is going to be running a captive portal, you’ll need to create an SVI for that VLAN on the AP as well.

GTM-P2G8KFN