Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate access points between two different VX9000 clusters

How to migrate access points between two different VX9000 clusters

HallFS
New Contributor

Hi everyone.

I got involved in a project where a company will be split into two. They have a VX9000 cluster that will stay with one of the companies. I was tasked with deploying a new VX9000 cluster, migrating the configuration of certain locations that belong to the 2nd company, and migrating the APs of those locations.

I've already deployed the brand new VX9000 cluster and also have exported the configuration of the current controller and imported the profiles related to the locations of the new company, but I don't know what is the best strategy to use.

They have in total 700+ access points and I have to migrate to this new controller around 400 of them. All those locations are connected to the main site where the controller runs through VPN tunnels.

Does someone have some suggestions or documentation on the best way to accomplish this task and the precautions needed to avoid problems during the process?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

With this size deployment, I would recommend that you contact us and open a ticket so that we may help you directly and not through the HUB. 

BR,

Christoph S.

rmu
Contributor

Hi

without more knowledge of the setup there, i asume the aps ip adresses are served by dhcp.

I suggest to change the dhcp option for these aps to point to the new vx-cluster and reboot the aps to gather the new option for connecting to the new cluster.

NR
rmu

GTM-P2G8KFN