cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If it is possible to deny same subnet MU to communicate on legacy WM1000/2000 (firmware v5.3.10) with AP350

If it is possible to deny same subnet MU to communicate on legacy WM1000/2000 (firmware v5.3.10) with AP350

Su__Kevin
New Contributor
Customer wants MUs can't communicate with each other within the same SSID. But I can't find the Block MU to MU feature in v5.3.10. Can I use the Filtering from WM-AD to do the same function? Another question is can AP350 support filtering rules at AP?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kevin
4 REPLIES 4

Su__Kevin
New Contributor
Thanks Arun.

I will send you another mail.

Regards
Kevin

Arun_Solleti
Extreme Employee
Hi Kevin

How many AP350s does the customer & this installation have currently? Also is the customer have service contracts for existing equipment?

If exposure of not huge, we can
1) Convert AP350s into IdentiFi AP2610/20.
2) Request customer to upgrade to new controller like C25/V2110.
3) Customer can transfer licenses, and does not have to purchase new licenses.
4) But we should get the new controller & AP26xx under new service contract coverage.

Thanks
Arun

Su__Kevin
New Contributor
Hi Arun,

Thanks for reminding that Block MU to MU can't works on B@AP. But old firmware V.5.3.10 doesn't has the VNS, I check the guide, it called WM-AD (Access Domain).

I can't find the Block MU to MU function in V5.3.10. Maybe I miss it, could you guide me where to set this function? From SDR, I only see V5.3, no V6 firmware.

If the WM AP350 is the same with Enterasys AP2610? My question is can AP350 work on v9?
If customer has the will to convert to IdentiFi v9 (ex. buy v2110). Does customer needs to buy new APs licenses? or any migration plan?

Thanks.
Regards
Kevin

Arun_Solleti
Extreme Employee
Hi Kevin

For blocking MU to MU within the same SSID, do you deployment details about VNS topology configuration?
  • Is it configured as Bridge@AP
  • Bridge@Controller
MU to MU traffic cannot limited if topology configuration is Bridge@AP.

Also Firmware V5.3.10 does not support filtering capabilities at AP, this feature was introduced at later point in release 6.1.

Looking at deployment hardware & firmware, it might be ideal to look into upgrade possibilities.

Thanks
Arun
GTM-P2G8KFN