cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info AP-7522I

Info AP-7522I

joesatriani
New Contributor

I have a Symbol AP. Is it possibile to connect with this AP to a wireless router without cable and repeat a new wireless network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

You can connect the AP7522I to any ge port on either the router or repeater and configure natting (on the AP7522I).

Here are the instructions:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-Natting-on-a-WiNG-Express...

Router or repeater ge port----AP7522 ge1 port (DHCP server/natting )))

This way you can configure a WLAN on the AP7522 with its own DHCP IP address pool.  

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

joesatriani
New Contributor

what is the ge port?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

You can connect the AP7522I to any ge port on either the router or repeater and configure natting (on the AP7522I).

Here are the instructions:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-Natting-on-a-WiNG-Express...

Router or repeater ge port----AP7522 ge1 port (DHCP server/natting )))

This way you can configure a WLAN on the AP7522 with its own DHCP IP address pool.  

Christoph S.

joesatriani
New Contributor

Ok, now I think to do this: I have a wifi repeater 5 ghz connected to Vodafone router in wifi.

This repeater has a WAN port and I connect the AP7522I with a cable.

Ok...now is it possible to make this AP DHCP server with 192.168.2.X IP?

I want my devices connected to AP7522I have another IP (not the same 192.168.1.X Vodafone router) and make a separate wireless network.

Vodafone router )))))  Repeater -----→ AP7522I

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

2 things here:

1 - If you want to connect a device that has no wireless adapter (example printer) to your Vodafone router then yes you can use the AP7522I as a client bridge. So it will act as the wireless adapter but will not allow you to create WLANS and have clients connect to it. 

Example: Printer---AP7522I client bridge )))   (((Vodafone router

2 - If you want to wirelessly connect the AP7522I to your Vodafone router to extend the wireless range and create a WLANs to service wireless clients and so on, we call this meshconnex and this is not possible. Only WiNG APs can have a mesh established between them. 

Example:

A - AP7522I AP broadcasting SSIDs )))   (((Vodafone router. This is not possible

B - AP7522I AP broadcasting SSIDs )))   (((AP7522I AP. This is possible. 

I hope this helps. 

Christoph

Christoph S.

joesatriani
New Contributor

I have a fiber Vodafone router (IP 192.168.1.1) I want to connect to this router in wifi and make a new wireless lan in my home with new IP 192.168.2.1 and I want this AP do a DHCP server. Is it possible? now I do this with a TPLINK router with DDWRT firmware.

GTM-P2G8KFN