cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Support Rate IE length (9) in the beacon for Extreme Network AP

Invalid Support Rate IE length (9) in the beacon for Extreme Network AP

anjanetha
New Contributor

As a part of our device testing, we found that this AP (Extreme networks 5010 AP wireless access point - Wi-Fi 6E, ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Wi-Fi 6E) -) is beaconing with an invalid Support Rate IE length (9) in the sniffer.  This AP(s) are violating the 802.11 specification. The 802.11 specification states that "for the supported rates should not exceed 8 and the extended supported rates should not exceed 255"

Do we have any POC in this community from Extreme Networks who can help fix this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

I've tested an AP5010 managed by ExteremeCloud IQ and loaded with the current firmware. In WiFi Explorer, I'm seeing an 8 byte field length for the Supported Rates IE on both the 2.4G and 5G bands.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ckelly
Extreme Employee

I have not checked the 6GHz radio yet. Waiting on 6G adapter. I've not heard of this being an issue and don't know of any issues like this that were addressed with any firmware updates.

Are you able to replicate this on more than one capture tool to verify that it's not a problem with the tool itself?

Hi, 
I will check.  

anjanetha
New Contributor

Hi ckelly, Thanks, Did you check the beacons from 6 GHz. Also do you know if there were any latest firmware changes which had this issue fixed for 2.4 and 5 GHz?

ckelly
Extreme Employee

I've tested an AP5010 managed by ExteremeCloud IQ and loaded with the current firmware. In WiFi Explorer, I'm seeing an 8 byte field length for the Supported Rates IE on both the 2.4G and 5G bands.

GTM-P2G8KFN