cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Migration

License Migration

Jerry85
New Contributor
I have an RFS 4000 in my environment and i would like to migrate to RFS 6000. Is it possible to migrate the RFS 4000 license to the new RFS6000 or i will have to acquire a new license?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jerry,

It might be possible; however, this will have to go through your account team. They need to fill out the migration request form, call GTAC to open a case and we'll handle the rest.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Jerry please talk to your account team about license migration i'm sure they will not have issue.

AP license historically was used to adopt the AP300, but once they were end of life WiNG 5 allows adoption of any APs.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Dunno how is it with the migration of built-in AP license, but for the AP/AAP difference see here:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-are-the-differences-between-AP-and-AAP-on-WiNG-v5-x/
I don't see in some internal doc that NX would get AP licenses, just AAP, so if you were allowed to migrate 6 AP licenses to NX by Extreme rep's, it would be migrated to AAP license IMHO.

KR,
Tomasz

Jerry85
New Contributor
Thank you for your responses. I will have to opt for the NX5500 since the 6000 has reached end of support.
These are the licenses i have on the rfs 4000
Device Licenses:
AP-LICENSE
String : DEFAULT-6AP-LICENSE
Value : 6
Borrowed : 0
Total : 6
Used : 0
AAP-LICENSE
String : 1f23cfa728e5164c05d282ff5ec04f0f5956c50d81bafe6a69a690ea
Value : 30
Borrowed : 0
Total : 30
Used : 28

So what exactly is the difference between AP and AAP license and can AAP be migrated to an NX5500.

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Please Note that this initiative is there only for customers that want to consolidate licenses onto a newly purchased NOC controller. Both RFS4000 & RfS6000 controllers are End of Support Hardware platforms.
GTM-P2G8KFN