Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Wifi in Mobile Phone?

Lost Wifi in Mobile Phone?

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi all,
My company is using Access Point 7502E. I connect my mobile phone to WIFI. But when i lock screen of mobile phone, Connect is lost (I can't ping to IP of mobile phone--> Internet is drop). then, when I unlock screen, My mobile phone is automatic connect to network. How to fix the problem?
Help me!
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
I use Iphone 6, IOS 10.3.x. I need connect wifi when the screen islocked because I need to be notified when mail (gmail, outlook, skype,...) arrives. And when i use other wifi, no problem.

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
Sam is correct. You may be able to disable some of the device's power save features (such as screen dimming, etc.) but the Wi-Fi element of the device will still sleep if the device is in a state where connectivity is not required, such as when the screen is locked, and therefore user interaction isn't possible.

This is common and standard on all mobile phones. I just checked my iPhone6s which was active less than a minute ago but the screen had turned off and was locked and when I hit the home button Wi-Fi was disconnected.

Why is it you need connectivity even when the the screen is locked? Which mobile OS are you using?

Thanks,
Darrel.

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Long,

what phone are we talking about?
Anyway - lot of phones are just turning off the wireless when screen locked.

Regards,
Ondrej

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
No. I turn off Power Save in mobile phone but no fix problem.

Sam
Extreme Employee
Mobile devices will go into power save mode when they are not being used to prolong battery life, this is normal behaviour. I would advise reading up on DTIM and TIM functionality to help understand why the devices do this.

Hope this helps,

- Sam
GTM-P2G8KFN