cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No roaming between AP7522 and AP510-1, both types of AP's are adopted into VX9000

No roaming between AP7522 and AP510-1, both types of AP's are adopted into VX9000

AdrianB
New Contributor II
Hi,

I had the 23 pieces of AP7522 model purchased in the past, and now I also bought 13th pieces of the AP510-1 model, for same warehouse. Both models are adopted by the same controller (VX9000) and now the problem we encounter is when we switch from a different AP to a different AP (as a model) and the roaming does not work and due to this our devices are disconnecting from our application, it only works between the same AP model. Please help us with a fix / advice.

I have a controller VX9000 on which i have adopted many AP's (510-1 and 7522). I have the same firmware on VX9000 as i have on the AP's - wing 7.7.1.1.
My problem consists in not having a roaming when i pass by from AP7522 zone to AP510-1 zone and viceversa. I have the same SSID with the same password and same vlan (1).

Kind regards,
Adrian
12 REPLIES 12

arichter
Extreme Employee
Hello , on the given 3 RF Domains, what is the assigned "Control VLAN" ? It seems, that there is none....Can you please double check...The control VLAN is an assigned VLAN Number, on which the APs can communicate on Mint Level1 to elect their RF Domain Manager

AdrianB
New Contributor II
Hi Arichter

it is 1.

arichter
Extreme Employee
Hello, if that is the case, then please enter this line into every given RF Domain : "control-vlan 1" , But be carefull....Are all 3 given RF Domains local or remote to you? if they are local, then you might need "Area IDs"...as all the Mint Level 1 traffic will be on vlan 1.

Do you have a diagramm of your situation , so one can provide some better advice...
GTM-P2G8KFN