Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 1 AP Showing Per RF-Domain

Only 1 AP Showing Per RF-Domain

RMarshall
New Contributor

Hi,

I've recently set up a VX9000, and adopted a number of AP7522 access points that were previous adopted by a support company's VX9000. We have 3 RF-Domains, the first is where the controller resides, the second is where the APs of the same site reside, different IP range; the third RF-Domain is for APs on a nearby site.

My problem is that only 1 AP appears per RF-Domain in the "Clients" sections on the VX9000 ("Clients" and "Statistics>Clients"), even when multiple APs per site have been adopted.

Also, the RF-Domain manager on those sites appears to flip between different APs, I don't know if that is related problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Please provide the configuration for each RF-Domain (RFD) and please detail what RFD is local to the VX9000 and what RFDs are remote. As Fritz pointed out, control-vlan for remote sites is required under the RFD. This is the VLAN that the APs at the remote site are utilizing to go out of the network. Mint L2 adoption should be utilized as well, for the remote site APs (e.g. controller host entry or DHCP option 191).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Oliviasalik
New Contributor

A commitment of appreciation is all together for sharing, I found a tremendous store of stimulating information here.

@RMarshallwrote:

Hi, 9WSYR

I've recently set up a VX9000, and adopted a number of AP7522 access points that were previous adopted by a support company's VX9000. We have 3 RF-Domains, the first is where the controller resides, the second is where the APs of the same site reside, different IP range; the third RF-Domain is for APs on a nearby site.

My problem is that only 1 AP appears per RF-Domain in the "Clients" sections on the VX9000 ("Clients" and "Statistics>Clients"), even when multiple APs per site have been adopted.

Also, the RF-Domain manager on those sites appears to flip between different APs, I don't know if that is related problem.

Thanks.

RMarshall
New Contributor

Well, I followed the advice and set the control-vlan for all the RF domains and now I can see the correct number of clients and APs for rfd2, success! However, rfd3 still only displays 1 AP of a possible 5; I have confirmed that the control vlan is correctly set for rfd3.

The problem with the rfd3 APs was that they had firewall policies on GE1, once I removed those, they started returning stats as you would expect. So, problem solved.

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Please provide the configuration for each RF-Domain (RFD) and please detail what RFD is local to the VX9000 and what RFDs are remote. As Fritz pointed out, control-vlan for remote sites is required under the RFD. This is the VLAN that the APs at the remote site are utilizing to go out of the network. Mint L2 adoption should be utilized as well, for the remote site APs (e.g. controller host entry or DHCP option 191).

GTM-P2G8KFN