Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Antenna operation chart?

Outdoor Antenna operation chart?

Son_Nguyen2
New Contributor III
Hi everybody,

Could someone explain me how does the antenna operation in this chart below?

9a040ad4578844e9955051ec8a6d602d_RackMultipart20170928-28298-11y6ori-Antenna_inline.png

Thanks so much!
9 REPLIES 9

Excellent resource! The linear vs dB charts put it all into perspective quite nicely.

Timo1
New Contributor II
Do you have Ekahau or some comparing tool? It's the best way to understand the antenna pattern.

The blue line is Azimuth, 360°
The red line is Elevation, 30°

Based on the smaller Elevation the antenna get a higher gain.

Son_Nguyen2
New Contributor III
A very visual explanation! Thanks Timo.

Timo1
New Contributor II
Hi,

best is to take a look into the CWNA.

The perfect antenna pattern is like a round balloon. If you now need more gain to one site, you deform the balloon. A high gain omni antenna as example, if you push from top and bottom you get more to the outside. This is how you can get a high gain omni antenna. But your gain to top and bottom is not as big as it was. As more as you pressing booth sides, as more gain you get to the outside. But at the same time you'll lose the gain to top and bottom.

If you mounting a high gain antenna at a high of 15 meters, you maybe have no connection under the antenna. Based on the angle the signal is transmitted above you.

Same for a patch antenna, you pressing left, right, bottom, tot and behind the balloon and get more gain to the front.

I hope my english isn't too bad to describe this.

Son_Nguyen2
New Contributor III
Hi Timo,

So why is the red line out of the blue line? They should be the same farthest boder line?

What does the information show it has 30° Elevation?

Thanks.
GTM-P2G8KFN