Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tunnel mode in WLAN?

Tunnel mode in WLAN?

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi all,
I have a topology of WLAN system.

e1f95ad6d3f3461a9de546f6f3b1c045_RackMultipart20171212-83466-1nbyeb8-Capture_inline.png

- In X460, I configure:
+ VLAN 10 and 50
+ Gateway: 172.16.10.254/24 and 172.16.50.254/24; Inter-vlan routing.
+ DHCP server for VLAN 10, 50 and enable dhcp on port 1 and 2
+ Access vlan 50 on port 2
+ Access vlan 50 and trunk vlan 10 in port 1

- In RFS 4010, I configure:
+ Profile RFS4010: VLAN 10, 50. Access vlan 50 and trunk vlan 10 on port GE1
+ Profile AP-7522: VLAN 10, 50. Access vlan 50 on GE1
+ WLAN: Test_vlan10 (vlan 10) and Test_vlan50 (vlan 50). 2 WLAN were configured in mode Tunnel

Problem:
+ If PC connect WLAN: Test_vlan50 --> PC was offered IP from DHCP server (X460) with IP: 172.16.50.x/24
+ If PC connect WLAN: Test_vlan10 --> PC was not offered IP from DHCP server (X460).

--> Help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Timo1
New Contributor II
No, tunneled just is an option to tunnel traffic, but it's not explicated tunneled to RFS!

"no mint mulch vlan" just disable the L2 "broadcast" to find an controller. You need to use mint IP in that case.

"controller host IP" add a static controller entry.

This two settings are just important for adoption. Not for tunnel traffic.

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Local bridging:
WLAN is where the vlan is assigned.
GE1 port is where the VLAN is allowed to pass through
Switchport allows the VLAN to pass through on to the wired network
Gateway is where the VLAN is defined and routed

Tunneled:
MINT will bypass all of that (except for the WLAN VLAN assignment) and go directly to the RFS where it will get processed out from there.

If you add "no mint mlcp vlan" and "controller host IP" to the AP profile, that will help direct traffic to the controller and reduce some of the overhead. Try not to have both enabled in the AP profile.

Shay,
I think you are confusing tunnelling and local bridging.

MiNT IS used for tunneling wlan tunneled traffic, and the only way the traffic will get into that tunnel is if there is no local definition for it on the AP (device or profile).
As Timo correctly points out, MiNT is perceived as a path to the routing engine, but at a lower priority than a local interface, hence, if you define a local interface the traffic will try to use it and ignore the MiNT tunnel.

Timo1
New Contributor II
+ Access vlan 50 on port 2 -> vlan 50 is not available for the AP.

In that case do not configure vlan 50!

For sure, you can add vlan 50 and 10 to AP AND RFS. But do not add it on one site.

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
Tran,
If you define vlan 10 on the AP7522 profile, it will think that it has a path directly to vlan 10 and won't tunnel the traffic. Remove that config and it should work.

GTM-P2G8KFN