Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configre AP7522

Unable to configre AP7522

peawet08
New Contributor II
Hi,

If similar questions have been asked before, please forgive me asking again.

I am trying to add some AP's to an NX5500 (5.8.6.9).

I already have about 7 AP7522's connected and they appear to be communicating ok.

I am now trying to add an additional 7522 (5.8.6.9) that was previously connected to another controller. The AP appears to be adopted to the controller but is not loading the default policy as the other units have. The Auto Provisioning profile is configured for this AP type though.
When I query the AP in the dashboard I can see the old Wireless LAN SSID's an d it is also not being assigned an IP as it should, based on the profile.

I also have an AP650 that was originally configured against old RFS controller. When connected to the NX5500, it appeared to be adopted and the firmware upgrade to 5.8.6.9.
This AP is also not downloading the profile from the controller but I can get onto this unit with SSH and can see it is just loading the default profile from the AP, not the controller.
There is no option in the NX5500 to add the Auto Provisioning to ap650 profile.
The radios on this unit are "off" and complaining about the country code not being set. However the country code is set by the RF Domain, which is associated with the Auto Provisioning Policy and as this can't be set against the ap650 I have tried to override the country code at the device level but I guess that because it isn't getting any policy it's also not accepting changes.
I have tried sending a factory reset but end up in the same situation.

Any help is appreciated as I'm new to the Extreme Wing type devices.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

peawet08
New Contributor II
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help. It was a configuration issue in the default-ap650 profile I had created.

The key was you saying it might be layer2/3 connectivity to the controller. The issue was that I had accidentally ticked the "Tag Native VLAN" in the ethernet settings.

It looks like it is working now.

If we were in a bar together, I'd buy you both a beer!!!

Mark

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

peawet08
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that.
I am seeing the following....

code:
Adopted Devices:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEVICE-NAME VERSION CFG-STAT MSGS ADOPTED-BY LAST-ADOPTION UPTIME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ap650-###### 5.8.6.9-003R error Yes nx5500-###### 0 days 00:20:47 0 days 00:22:54
ap7522-###### 5.8.0.0-050R version-mismatch No nx5500-###### 0 days 00:03:02 0 days 01:01:10

Thanks

Mark

peawet08
New Contributor II

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

For the 7522, if I use the GUI and tell it to Factory reset the AP, it tells me "Application Error, This feature is not supported".
I have used the CLI on the controller to run "factory-default ap650-######" which it accepted but the AP did not reset.
As the AP doesn't have an IP address, I can't connect to the console.

The unit is currently mounted so it would be difficult to connect via serial at the moment.

Mark

aholden
Extreme Employee
Try this

show adoption statue.

Scroll down to the new APs and look at the status column. It should say configured.. If it says "ERROR" it means the configuration that was pushed from Controller caused the AP to lose adoption. This results in it reverting back to its last known good configuration

ckelly
Extreme Employee
For the 7522, I would start by factory defaulting the AP and then letting it be adopted again.
You indicate that it has a matching rev of WiNG firmware, so that's not the hang up.
GTM-P2G8KFN