cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Controller and RADIUS - how to set the proxy correclty?

Virtual Controller and RADIUS - how to set the proxy correclty?

Flavio
New Contributor III

Hi all.

I’d like to have the RADIUS requests in a Virtual Controller setup only be originated from the virtual IP. As of now I tested with different proxy modes and it doesn’t work (the RADIUS packets are always sent with the physical interface IP). I tried:

proxy through RF Domain Manager

proxy through Wireless Controller

proxy through centralized controller

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Flavio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Flavio
New Contributor III

Hi KK-APAC.

What I wanted to achieve is to have only *one* RADIUS client configured in my NAC, as I’m in a VC environment I don’t want to register each AP as a RADIUS client.

I found the solution by using “set nas-ip” to be the virtual management IP address.

BR,
Flavio.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KK-APAC
Extreme Employee

Hi Flavio,

Sorry, I accidentally replied with my private account which was created when I was customer...

Best Regards,
KK

KK
New Contributor III

Hi Flavio,

I didn’t know that command... Thank you for sharing!

Best Regards,

KK

Flavio
New Contributor III

Hi KK-APAC.

What I wanted to achieve is to have only *one* RADIUS client configured in my NAC, as I’m in a VC environment I don’t want to register each AP as a RADIUS client.

I found the solution by using “set nas-ip” to be the virtual management IP address.

BR,
Flavio.

KK-APAC
Extreme Employee

Hi,
These setting is for either “each AP send radius request to radius server by themselves”, or “all requests are proxied to controller(or RF-Domain manager) and only controller send request to radius server”.

It’s not related with Virtual IP and Physical interface IP.

May I know what you want to achieve? and what you refer Physical Interface IP and Virtual IP?
WiNG doesn’t allow to configure IP address to physical interface. IP address must be assigned to VLAN. So, we don’t have physical interface IP.

GTM-P2G8KFN