cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vx9000 using site engine as radius 802.1x authentication for wifi clients

vx9000 using site engine as radius 802.1x authentication for wifi clients

louisbrinson
New Contributor

I'm nearly done removing all of my older network equipment and pointing authentication away from our old identity engine radius server.  My question for the community is what values do I need for adding my vx9000 as a network switch in site engine?  I've tried a few different things and nothing has worked for me yet.  Has anyone out there done their 802.1x auth for wireless clients on a wing controller authenticated by site engine/AD?  We have a working rule set for our XIQ AP's and that works fantastic however I'm stuck on the radius values needed for wing.  

3 REPLIES 3

louisbrinson
New Contributor

Hi Christoph,

Yes that is helpful.  In my existing identity engines server tis using tunnel private group id with vendor Motorolaradius.PNG and works.  I'm trying to find the equivalent of that in site engine.  Screen shot is what I believe to be the closest.  Do you think I'll have to make a custom attribute to send for this?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Louis,

Would this help?  https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085409

BR,

Christoph S.

Hey Christoph,

That did help but I'm not sure if the identify wireless is what's considered wing.  Any idea about that?

GTM-P2G8KFN