cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing 5.9 display connected clients in GUI ?

Wing 5.9 display connected clients in GUI ?

Scott_Feda
New Contributor
Hello, we just got our Extreme wireless network up and running and so far so good. Did have a question about being able to view connected clients in the GUI. Is this somewhere in the portal? Will it capture login and device information? I'm trying to make sure authenticated users aren't using their credentials for BYOD which should be kept on the guest network.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Scott, I see now. Common topic. Corporate users with personal devices connecting to Corporate network.

On the controller, if you go into the Statistics section and then expand the tree - highlight an RFDomain in the tree that you want to look at. In the middle vertical column, select 'Wireless Clients'. The information on the right will then give you many columns of details about each of the wireless clients that are using the wireless at that Site you've selected...including the WLAN they're currently associated to.

Now...if you're wanting to look at this sort of information from a historical perspective, that capability exist on the NSight platform (historical/trending/troubleshooting/reporting tools)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Glad to help, Scott!

Scott_Feda
New Contributor
Hi Chris, yes that was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your help. Looks like a really nice system.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Scott, I see now. Common topic. Corporate users with personal devices connecting to Corporate network.

On the controller, if you go into the Statistics section and then expand the tree - highlight an RFDomain in the tree that you want to look at. In the middle vertical column, select 'Wireless Clients'. The information on the right will then give you many columns of details about each of the wireless clients that are using the wireless at that Site you've selected...including the WLAN they're currently associated to.

Now...if you're wanting to look at this sort of information from a historical perspective, that capability exist on the NSight platform (historical/trending/troubleshooting/reporting tools)

Scott_Feda
New Contributor
Hello Chris, no. We have our wifi users authenticating to our data network through radius. I know my users well and they will try to use their personal devices with corporate credentials because it is easier than putting in the pass code.on the guest network. I want personal devices on the guest network only. I would like to monitor client logons to be sure they only use their radius corporate credentials to access the data network with their work devices not something they brought from home. I've been using Ubiquity WIFI and you can see who is connected to either wireless network, I haven't been able to find that display in Extreme.
Thank you,

Scott
GTM-P2G8KFN