Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiNG AD integration

WiNG AD integration

SpirytoPL
New Contributor

Hi,

im trying to integrate WiNG directly with AD server to get user group to permit WiFi access with domain credentials.

im adding radius -> radius server -> server and ldap but there is no even connection probe from WiNG on port 389. Nothing in packet capture. But in WiNG logs I can see message that /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf invalid configuration for module ldap_primary.

any good way to troubleshoot this issue?

I assume that radius server is not even starting because of mistake in config file but there is no way to check radiusd.conf file at all. And all variables are defined in ldap configuration tab.

ping from wing to ad is working and Telnet on port 389 also

time is in sync, dns is working 

4 REPLIES 4

Rodrigo_Cortes
New Contributor III

Hi!

Is better use NPS service similar to radius, if search can find some papers or how to 🙂

Case is to maintain all configuration from WiNG. I know that is not the most optimal solution, but as WiNG is capable to get users data via radius and authenticate them to network via domain credentials i would like to do it.

Martin8052
New Contributor III

The WING internal radius server should start also in the event the LDAP Server is not reachable or configured wrong, so better check the general configuration of the radius server. Best in CLI and not in the GUI

GTM-P2G8KFN