Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[WiNG] AP7602 - PoE port (GE1) can not transmit data

[WiNG] AP7602 - PoE port (GE1) can not transmit data

Steve_Nguyen
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

In recent months, we encountered quite a number of AP7602 issues at customer(s) site having similar symptom where PoE port (GE1) suddenly cannot transmit data. We tried to reset to factory default or to upgrade firmware but no success. Please advise.

Brgds,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Steve, are you indicating that this same issue is happening at more than one customer site and that there have been no configuration changes or firmware updates that coincides with this behavior on ge1?  And are you saying that this is happening with all 7602’s at each site or just some subset?

Short of their being a hardware failure, my first suspicion would be an issue with an updated firmware revision that those affected customers had upgraded to. Secondly, I’d suspect a configuration change (but less likely since this would otherwise would affect every AP using the configuration - which could also possibly be the case for a firmware update too).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

What firmware version is running on the APs?

How are the APs being powered? 

What model switches are the APs physically plugged into?

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Steve, for the affected devices, I’m not clear on the sequence of the failure.

Is this what you are seeing?

1. New AP. Factory default, PoE works and can pass data
  2. Setup configuration. Does PoE still work? Can the AP still pass data?

Or is it something like this?

1. New AP. Factory default, PoE works and can pass data
  2. Setup configuration. PoE works and can pass data
  3. AP is then deployed by customer and works.
  4. Some time later, PoE stops working. AP cannot pass data.

Steve_Nguyen
New Contributor II

Hi Chris,

Sorry for my late reply. After a long duration testing quite several cases of 7602/7622/7632 APs issue, I observe that the GE/PoE is not operating stably as described below:

• At the time we handled them from customers, the PoE function still worked, but the data transmission did not (can not ping default IP, could not see visible SSID, etc.)
  • We tried to do Factory Default reset. The data transmission worked.
  • After a while, data transmission function again stopped working.

Pls advise. Thank you.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Steve, are you indicating that this same issue is happening at more than one customer site and that there have been no configuration changes or firmware updates that coincides with this behavior on ge1?  And are you saying that this is happening with all 7602’s at each site or just some subset?

Short of their being a hardware failure, my first suspicion would be an issue with an updated firmware revision that those affected customers had upgraded to. Secondly, I’d suspect a configuration change (but less likely since this would otherwise would affect every AP using the configuration - which could also possibly be the case for a firmware update too).

GTM-P2G8KFN