cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless clients not getting dhcp

wireless clients not getting dhcp

Lorielee_Jacint
New Contributor II
Clients connect to a Guest SSID which is set to VLAN13. We have another SSID connected to VLAN1. Clients trying to connect to the guest SSID do not get a DHCP address. We have the router serving DHCP addresses. We have VLAN1 set to local and VLAN13 set to tunnel. What are we missing? We tried bridging the two via local and tunnel, but we get the same result. Any help would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

The story is a little conflicting....

We have statically setup a device on the VLAN13 and it works....
We can't pass traffic on VLAN13 at all. Even when we have a set static address.
So let's go with option#2 = a PC/laptop connected to the switchport with a cable and is configured with a static IP is not able to ping the default gw.

If that is the case I don't see a AP problem, there is a incorrect setup in the LAN.

We can't pass traffic on VLAN13 at all. Even when we have a set static address. It can talk to itself, but it won't pass traffic.

Sorry but I'm not sure whether I unterstand....

If you connect a wired device on a port that is configured for VLAN#13 and use DHCP (instead of a static IP) it doesn't get a IP address ?!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
What about the switch - is the port configured as a trunk.
As I've mentioned before check the MAC table of the switch to see whether you learn the MAC on the right port in the correct VLAN.

Lorielee_Jacint
New Contributor II
What happens is I cannot ping the gateway from the ap when I source the ping from vlan13
GTM-P2G8KFN