cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCC: MESH network: Which APs are supported ?

XCC: MESH network: Which APs are supported ?

Volker_Kull
Contributor

I need to configure a wifi MESH network from one root AP to two slave APs (with outdoor APs). Which APs are supported with XCC V5 ?

I only found “How to configure WiNG Meshpoint in Extreme Cloud Appliance” :
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000080160
where only AP7xxx, AP8xxx and AP39xx are supported. What´s about AP360e/i or AP560e/i ??

br

Volker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Volker,

Mesh is currently not supported in XCC, but it will probably be available in the coming XCC release or later. So, stay tuned for that.

Since your use case is only one Root and two non-Root APs, how about using Client Bridge functionality? it will allow you to setup one AP as an infrastructure AP as you would normally do and configure two APs as Client Bridges. The Client Bridge AP will connect to the infra. AP using one of its radio interfaces and you can still use the second interface for client access if required. WiFi 6 APs such as the AP300, AP400, and AP500 i/e are supported.

There are a few caveats though.

• The Client Bridge only supports a single VLAN.
  • No. of users behind a Client Bridge on the wired segment is limited to eight per port (as far I remember).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Volker_Kull
Contributor

Update:

XCC 5.16.03.0015

7c83a7ffa11c4146bf03d6810949c656_10a8af40-f389-45e8-a287-ddc1ac35c323.png

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Volker,

Mesh is currently not supported in XCC, but it will probably be available in the coming XCC release or later. So, stay tuned for that.

Since your use case is only one Root and two non-Root APs, how about using Client Bridge functionality? it will allow you to setup one AP as an infrastructure AP as you would normally do and configure two APs as Client Bridges. The Client Bridge AP will connect to the infra. AP using one of its radio interfaces and you can still use the second interface for client access if required. WiFi 6 APs such as the AP300, AP400, and AP500 i/e are supported.

There are a few caveats though.

• The Client Bridge only supports a single VLAN.
  • No. of users behind a Client Bridge on the wired segment is limited to eight per port (as far I remember).
GTM-P2G8KFN