Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7562 Firmware

AP7562 Firmware

Janina
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a problem getting the latest firmware for the AP7562.

To the background: I bought two second hand AP7562 from a company.

Unfortunately, this company no longer exists.

These two AP7562 still have a totally outdated firmware installed.

I want to update the two AP7562 for security reasons.

Unfortunately I have no way of downloading the current firmware (AP7562_WiNG_v7.6.0.1.zip) because I don't have a contract with Extreme Networks myself.

The AP7562 are optically and technically new (they were in the warehouse as replacement devices).

It would be a shame not to be able to use the devices (sustainability).

Can someone help me maybe to solve the problem (via PM, if you like)?

Thank you and best regards

Janina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Janina
New Contributor II

Firmware release 7.6.1.0.018RAP7562_WiNG_v7.6.1.0.zip is already available.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting me know, I’ve just sent you a private message with your local SE’s contact information. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else!

Janina
New Contributor II

Hello Sam Pirok, thanks for the message.
I am thankful for every help. I am in Northern Germany.

Best Regards

Janina

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for the mention @Tomasz! I can help you with this @Janina, could you tell me generally where you are located so I can find a local SE for you to speak with? 

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Janina,

AP 7562 is an outdoor AP and it has just 90 days of software access: https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/ee94442b-acf8-4567-90ab-c85e34950b7f/extreme-networks-product-wa...

It would be awesome to be able to get a support contract to gain software access for these, I don’t think there should be a problem for this, maybe there is some concerns that people could induce more RMAs after buying hardware that went second hand because it got broken by the original user… But there was also a software-only support contract as far as I remember. It should be possible to get such IMHO. Perhaps it would be doable to reach out to your local Extreme’s SE to ask for some tailored solution.

@Sam Pirok 

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN