cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Download Portal

New Download Portal

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
The new download portal has several drawbacks that are starting to annoy me.

A) Everything appears together and mixed, firmwares, document, checksums ...
Either I'm very accustomed to the old portal or really have something that is not practical in everyday use.

 I am a certified partner and still ask for a serial number to download a firmware, this has never been the case in the old Enterasys, even for a V2110 that does NOT have a serial number.

C) The search box does not look very smart, you search for "C35" and appear results for V2110 and C4110 in the second and third place ...

I think this way it will take me a long time to feel comfortable with the new site ...
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Thomas
Contributor II
I have reproduced the search issue for downloads and will work on getting it documented in a knowledge article. Thanks Raul for helping make us aware of the problem. I have found the root cause and we are working on finding a solution. I will update here as soon as I have more. Curtis, next time you have a case open with GTAC, they should be able to help find the root cause of why some of your serial numbers are not working in the Extreme Portal

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
"We are starting to be more strict with checking entitlement"

That is OK but you need to be 100% correct. It is very annoying to have to paste multiple serial numbers to get one that works. Many times the chassis serial number does not work but that is the easiest one to get to when looking at Netsight (or what ever it is called now.)

Ken_Thomas
Contributor II
Paul, thank you for your comments. The new portal gives us a better framework where we hope to continue to improve the functionality and usability going forward. I may be able to help with some of your comments. In the Extreme Portal, I personally prefer the functionality in the Products page because it groups all the items together that you need for a certain patch/version (except release notes but they are located in the section of the page right below firmware). If you need a new or recent version that is where you should go to get it. I documented that in the How to Download Firmware article. I administer some of the search features on the Extreme Portal. Were you searching in the Downloads section?

You can send us more details about the search issues here or by using the email link to portal@extremenetworks.com in the footer of every Extreme Portal page. We are starting to be more strict with checking entitlement than in the past and we know that will take some getting used to. Hopefully there are some features that you are finding helpful, like the unified search and adding collaborators on cases.
GTM-P2G8KFN