cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support costs are really going up

Support costs are really going up

Keith9
Contributor III

We got our support renewal quote for our Extreme gear and its 3 times more than it was last year. Pushing back a bit the most we can get is that its because of inflation.

I get inflation, but this is like 3 whole times what we paid. They want close to $40k a year now for all of our stuff.

Are you experiencing this as well?

At what point do you decide it's just cheaper to have spare inventory, and keep support on one specific model (for updates) - maybe have support on your core switching but keep a spare access switch or two?

And support in individual modules like the 4x SPF+ cage for the 5xxx series switches? That doesn't seem like something that would fail, or if it would you could just have an extra laying around.

2 REPLIES 2

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Keith9 , thanks for raising this point. I ran this past our product team and can say that in general, our prices haven't tripled. That said, MarianM1 is absolutely correct, all of the factors identified in this thread have led to a price increase, but not as much as 3xs.

Unfortunately, we can't speak to individual quotes; there are tons of little factors that go in to those estimates, which means every quote is fairly unique. That said, I'd be happy to reach out to our Service Sales team to have them reach out to discuss your specific quote details and any options available if you'd like? I'm sure you've already discussed it with your typical sales team, but maybe another pair of eyes could help?

jeronimo
Contributor III

Are you talking about ExtremeWorks or PartnerWorks? Or maybe both? 😬

Concerning SFPs, I'd almost always go with 3rd party anyway. Switch vendor pricing of SFP modules is one of the biggest hoaxes of all time.

GTM-P2G8KFN