Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for Optimizing Network Performance

Best Practices for Optimizing Network Performance

selenaadone
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am looking to enhance the performance of our network and was hoping to get some advice from the community. What are some effective strategies for optimizing network performance in an enterprise environment: ??

From my initial research, I have come across suggestions like ensuring proper network segmentation, implementing Quality of Service (QoS) policies and regularly monitoring network traffic. Are there any other best practices or tools you recommend: ??

Also, how important is it to keep firmware and software up to date in this process: ?? Any specific experiences or tips you’ve found particularly useful would be greatly appreciated: ?? 

Thanks in advance for your help....😀

Selena

cpq
1 REPLY 1

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi Selena,

Could you give us information how does your network looks like? Is it a standard Switch Engine (EXOS) of Fabric Engine (VOSS) based network? What devices are you currently using? For a very basics related to typical EXOS switch check this topic from GTAC Knowledge Base about security and best practices: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000088438

Also you can find some ATPs offer for instructor-led trainings in Extreme Academy related to Switching & Routing or Fabric.

GTM-P2G8KFN