cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recommendations for a wall mount rack for the Summit x450 g2 switch?

Any recommendations for a wall mount rack for the Summit x450 g2 switch?

fdz
New Contributor II

Open to recommendations for racks for the x450 g2 switch. Haven't found a good brand. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bill_Handler
Contributor II

fdz,

Depending on what kind of rack you're looking for, there are a number of answers.  We've had good luck with a myriad of racks so long as we make sure they're at least 22"  or more in depth.  there have been times that we've also installed the rack ears back a little bit when we have an existing rack that is not deep enough.

We've used TrippLite/Eaton racks, Hubbell, etc.  In a pinch, we've had to use a StarTech vertical rack. 

Knowing how many switches, and the type of installation would be helpful for additional recommendations...

Thanks,

Bill

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

fdz
New Contributor II

Thank you everyone for your help. I ended up going with https://navepoint.com/navepoint-6u-wall-mount-open-frame-rack-24-81-depth-threaded/. Unfortunately I did not have enough room for a vertical rack. 

Bill_Handler
Contributor II

fdz,

Depending on what kind of rack you're looking for, there are a number of answers.  We've had good luck with a myriad of racks so long as we make sure they're at least 22"  or more in depth.  there have been times that we've also installed the rack ears back a little bit when we have an existing rack that is not deep enough.

We've used TrippLite/Eaton racks, Hubbell, etc.  In a pinch, we've had to use a StarTech vertical rack. 

Knowing how many switches, and the type of installation would be helpful for additional recommendations...

Thanks,

Bill

fdz
New Contributor II

Thank you @Bill_Handler I was looking for a either a 4U or 6U wall mount rack, I've just been having some trouble since everything standard is 19" in depth. 

fdz,

‘if you have the room, a vertical rack may be a better solution.  It will have the switch hang down the wall, but will stick out from the wall less.  Here is an example:  https://tripplite.eaton.com/smartrack-6u-vertical-wall-mount-rack-bracket~SRWALLBRKT6U

that is an open bracket.  They also have enclosed cabinets with the same orientation.  

Thanks,

Bill

GTM-P2G8KFN