cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using ShoreTel VOIP with Enterasys NAC?

Anyone using ShoreTel VOIP with Enterasys NAC?

Matt_Stone
New Contributor
We had a ShoreTel VOIP system installed yesterday, this is our first step into the VOIP world. We're using Enterasys NAC with MAC and 802.1x authentication for clients. Ports are configured for both MAC and 802.1x auth with 8 users allowed.

We MAC authenticated the phones and they work fine, however when we plug a computer into the phone it doesn't seem to pass the authentication request up to the switch. Is anyone running this setup? I believe we are looking for some type of 802.1x pass-through option on the phone, but haven't found it so far. The phones are model IP 480g

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

David_Traller
Extreme Employee
I never saw the reply to the issue of the Shortel 480G phone not passing the connected PCs 802.1x EAP request. Earlier Shortel phone pass it with out a problem but the 480 do not.

Matt_Stone
New Contributor
Thanks to everyone who provided input on this issue. I just wanted to followup with a resolution as promised.

This turned out to be an issue with the switch inside the phone. It was supposed to be passing the authentication requests through to the switch, but wasn't.

This was fixed in a firmware update from ShoreTel.

You bet. 802.0.6000.0 resolved this issue.

Thanks for the update Matt. Glad to hear it got worked out! Any chance you could share the firmware update that fixed the issue for future reference in case anyone else runs across it?
GTM-P2G8KFN