Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about EAPS topology with 2 core switches

Doubt about EAPS topology with 2 core switches

edgarquadros
New Contributor

Hello guys!

I'm in a scenario (in the attached draw) with 7 switches, where 2 of them are cores X460, and the 5 others are edges X440. We have EAPS configured with 5 Control VLANs and one VoIP VLAN. When the uplinks between Core 1 and Core 2 (2 red cables, ports 29 and 30) are disconnected, a loop is occurring and ELRP is blocking all ports on Edge switches that are connected with the Master EAPS Core 1 switch.

So, after re-connect the uplink between the 2 Cores, I need to access all Edge switches and re-enable ports connected with Core Master EAPS.

Is this the behavior expected or maybe we have something wrong with the configuration?

I don't have much more information related to this scenario, and why it was deployed in this way, because I'm new to the company. So, I just need to figure out and understand what I need to do to fix it.

BR,

Edgar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephenW
Extreme Employee

Edgar,

What I think you had was a superloop.  You will need to configure an EAPS common link between the cores. 

The link below will give you some background on it.  

ExtremeXOS User Guide (extremenetworks.com)

Thanks,

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StephenW
Extreme Employee

Edgar,

What I think you had was a superloop.  You will need to configure an EAPS common link between the cores. 

The link below will give you some background on it.  

ExtremeXOS User Guide (extremenetworks.com)

Thanks,

Stephen

StephenW,

I found a misconfiguration related to EAPS in the SW-Core1.

Thanks for help! 

OscarK
Extreme Employee

EAPS should have 1 control vlan and many protected vlans (at least when it is 1 eaps ring).

I suggest you open a case and get this investigated right, this is not behaving as it should.

GTM-P2G8KFN