cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragon 7.5.0.95 HIDS client cannot connect to EMS server

Dragon 7.5.0.95 HIDS client cannot connect to EMS server

dtitzer
New Contributor
I have a 7.5.0.95 Dragon EMS server and sensors. One sensor (HIDS running on Linux) shows the Event Channel down in the reporting dashboard, and the management client shows it unable to communicate. The HIDS sensor keeps logging "[net-cfg-client (25650)]: Could not connect: Connection timed out." What should I look at to fix this issue? I've got other sensors working just fine, this is my odd box.
17 REPLIES 17

dtitzer
New Contributor
Jeff, Tamera: Desktop share will not happen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the client, even tried to switch the encryption. I'm left with the feeling I'm overlooking something.

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Thanks for continuing to work with our GTAC group to resolve this question David. If you or Jeff could just post the results of your desktop share when it occurs, the rest of the community would appreciate knowing your resolution. Thank you!

Dudley__Jeff
Extreme Employee
Hi, We still may be having an issue with the "distance" and the protocol involved. If you would like we could run a remote desktop sharing session and look over the installation together. Thanks Jeff

dtitzer
New Contributor
I was able to upload the Dragon client install pack just fine over scp. It's a remote location and was slow, but it didn't fail.

Dudley__Jeff
Extreme Employee
Hi, Since it is not breaking the tcp connection and there are timeout messages it may relate to the network and the bandwidth available to us. Can you run some test with large file transfers via Winscp or another tcp based application? Thanks Jeff
GTM-P2G8KFN