cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How aggregate links between vIST clusters into SPBm Fabric ?

How aggregate links between vIST clusters into SPBm Fabric ?

Jave
Contributor

Hi everybody,

As I was designing a SPBm architecture, a question occurred to me: in a such SPBm deployment (see below), is it possible to aggregate links ? I know its possible to aggregate IS-IS links between two same devices, but what’s about vIST/SMLT setups ?

d504eae9b6eb424295299508e6cd218e_9a2a35e5-88b1-43db-8216-24792eb80f20.png

Is IS-IS the sole in charge of distributing i-sid flows between b-vlans and further between links ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WillyHe
Contributor

Hello,

You CANNOT aggregate FC (Fabric Connect) links between a stand-alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster (siteA and siteB).
You CANNOT aggregate FC connections between two SPBM/SMLT clusters.

You CAN aggregate FA (Fabric Attach) links between a stand alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster.

If you are concerned about load balancing, traffic between a FC stand alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster is following the shortest path and usually there is an equal cost for both paths to the SPBM/SMLT cluster and so traffic will be load balanced (if you have configured two backbone vlan’s.

regards

WillyHe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jave
Contributor

Thanks for your response WillyHe, its a confirmation of what I had understood.

Best regards,

Rodjeur70

WillyHe
Contributor

Hello,

You CANNOT aggregate FC (Fabric Connect) links between a stand-alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster (siteA and siteB).
You CANNOT aggregate FC connections between two SPBM/SMLT clusters.

You CAN aggregate FA (Fabric Attach) links between a stand alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster.

If you are concerned about load balancing, traffic between a FC stand alone device and an SPBM/SMLT cluster is following the shortest path and usually there is an equal cost for both paths to the SPBM/SMLT cluster and so traffic will be load balanced (if you have configured two backbone vlan’s.

regards

WillyHe

GTM-P2G8KFN