cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I'm new to Extreme, how do you show unused ports on each module/stack. I have tried many of the "show ports commands

I'm new to Extreme, how do you show unused ports on each module/stack. I have tried many of the "show ports commands

Johnny_Rogers
New Contributor
I'm new to Extreme, how do you show unused ports on each module/stack. I have tried many of the "show ports commands, but it's not want I'm looking for, thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

altalenny
New Contributor

If I understood your question, you want a show command that will display which ports are not being used, or if there is something plugged in or not on a Extreme Network Summit switch; the command you would use in EXOS is: show ports configuration no-refresh, if you know which port you want to look at specifically: show ports <specific slot:spectific port> configuration no-refresh.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

altalenny
New Contributor

If I understood your question, you want a show command that will display which ports are not being used, or if there is something plugged in or not on a Extreme Network Summit switch; the command you would use in EXOS is: show ports configuration no-refresh, if you know which port you want to look at specifically: show ports <specific slot:spectific port> configuration no-refresh.  

John_Rogers2
New Contributor
Is there a command to use to clear statistics (counters)? When I use the show port statistics no-refresh, it show tx/rx etc. Some of the ports that shows the tx/rx packet count, do not have a amber/green link on the switch port LED. So it would seem that nothing is plugged in/turned on those ports.I ;think the stats were from before, the floor is mostly un-occupied now.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi John, Just press
code:
and the counters will reset.
You can clear all counters in the switch with the command:
code:
clear counters

John_Rogers2
New Contributor
Thank you !

GTM-P2G8KFN