Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing X670 G2

Load balancing X670 G2

Amir_A_N
New Contributor II
Hello Every one!
I have 2 X670 Extreme switches. I made an ether channel with lacp method for 2(or more) links. In order to load balancing I have chosen CRC-32 and expected to see all traffics of a flow to be mapped to the same ports inside the both switches. For example imagine that I have connected port 2 of SW1 to port 2(also port 3 to port 3 and more in the same way) of SW2 and configured src-ip on SW1 as an input to crc-32 load balancing algorithm and dst-ip SW2 as an input to crc-32 load balancing algorithm. As you may find out requests in a flow will go through Sw1 to Sw2 and responses will come back through SW2 to SW1. I expected all traffics off a flow go to and come back from the same port but the results aren't equal to my expectations. Some packets of a flow will mapped to different ports of LAG. Is there any point or knowledge that I didn't consider?
5 REPLIES 5

Hey Nicolas!
Thanks for your response. The configuration for load balancing is as below. I don't need to load balance per packet. It should be per flow. Requests in a Flow(A to  are going through SW1 and responses in that flow(B to A) come back via SW2

SW1:
configure sharing address-based custom ipv4 source-only
configure sharing address-based custom hash-algorithm crc-32 lower
enable sharing 2 grouping 2-3 algorithm address-based custom lacp

SW2:
configure sharing address-based custom ipv4 destination-only
configure sharing address-based custom hash-algorithm crc-32 lower
enable sharing 2 grouping 2-3 algorithm address-based custom lacp
GTM-P2G8KFN