cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetSight 6.3. Where I can find that NetSight 6.3 is supported on Win10 OS?

irmaguilar
New Contributor

Customer Release Notes Extreme Networks NetSight® Version 6.3.0.186 November, 2016

NetSight Server and Client OS Requirements These are the operating system requirements for both the NetSight server and remote NetSight client machines. IMPORTANT:Beginning in NetSight version 6.4, only 64-bit operating systems will be officially supported on the NetSight server and remote NetSight client machines. Any NetSight server or client machine currently running a 32-bit OS must be upgraded to a 64-bit OS. l Windows 32-bit (qualified on the English version of the operating systems) l Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise l Windows Server® 2008 R2 l Windows® 7 l Windows® 8 and 8.1 l Windows 64-bit (qualified on the English version of the operating systems) l Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise and 2008 R2 l Windows Server® 2012 and 2012 R2 l Windows® 7 l Windows® 8 and 8.1
2 REPLIES 2

irmaguilar
New Contributor
Actually both, install it as server and client on Win 10 Machine. The Release Notes for 6.3.0.168 does not mention the support on Win10 but it actually runs. The only thing is the installation will not complete in my system. I am not sure if there are local policies preventing to complete the installation. The processing install bar will show 100% and "cleaning up temporary install files" message will be shown forever.
Workaround, once you kill the launcher from the Task Manager everything looks "fine", I can discover my devices, Map it, open flexviews from the console, etc.

Unfortunately I can not upgrade the system because this is tie-up to a control system and the "qualification" takes a lot of effort.

Now I am looking for some document that actually says it is supported and find the root cause of the incomplete installation.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

You mean as a client to access/manage Netsight and not to install it on Win10 correct ?!

In that case even the newest 8.3 release doesn't list Win10 but only Win7 so I'd assume that is the min. supported version.

Page#30 5.1 Extreme Management Center Server and Client OS Requirements
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/NetSight/XMC_8.3.0_Release_Notes.pdf

BTW, I'm pretty sure 6.3 is end of support for a while - please upgrade the system.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN