cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView - how to get rid of old/deleted VNS/SSIDs

OneView - how to get rid of old/deleted VNS/SSIDs

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I play around a lot in my lab and the problem that I'm facing is that the Netsight/OneView keeps all the old information of SSIDs that I've configured so any idea how I'd get rid of that old stuff.

For example in OneView > Reports > Custom Reports > I'd see 150 SSIDs (yes, I test a lot) even I've only about 10 right now on my controller and all the other ones were deleted a long time ago.

I'm runningn Netsight 6.2 Beta right now....

f8c135542f864f2e857d6b3a11c1bce2_RackMultipart20150305-1424-149i0gk-oneview_old_data01_inline.png

3 REPLIES 3

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Update - it's working now, no idea why it wasn't before, might be that I didn't deleted all old date objects.

So if you need to delete old entries you could do it via OneView...
OneView -> Administration -> Diagnostics (Diagnostics Level) -> Historical Statistics Collector -> Statistic Collection Targets

Search for the entries and delete the objects.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've discussed this issue with GTAC and so far the answer is...

1) Delete the EWC in Console
and check "delete oneview data" when you are asked to confirm the delete of the device.

Comment: I think we'd agree that this is not a solution - I'd also install Netsight from scratch which would make also no sense.

2) You also should be able go into WebView and go OneView -> Administration -> Diagnostics (Diagnostics Level) -> Historical Statistics Collector -> Statistic Collection Targets. Filter the Component column on SSID. You should be able to delete them here as well.

Comment: tried it - doesn't work, the old entries are still in the pull down menu of the custom report page

I'll open a new ticket dedicated to this issue..... keep you posted.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Thanks for coming back here to update the thread 🙂
GTM-P2G8KFN