cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Remove primary iproute and inject secondary iproute when primary path is unavailable; then reverse when primary path is available

Remove primary iproute and inject secondary iproute when primary path is unavailable; then reverse when primary path is available

Jeff_McLeod
New Contributor
I'm trying to inject a static route 192.168.12.0/22 192.168.11.253 when gateway 192.168.8.12 fails. When 192.168.8.12 is once again available, I would like to remove the 192.168.12.0/22 192.168.11.253 route and replace it with 192.168.12.0/22 192.168.8.12. Both gateway devices are connected to my Summit L2/3 device 192.168.8.36/22. I've examined numerous documents; flow-redirect, IP SLA scripting, and route weighting. All of the knowledge base articles and user streams seem to have partial configs or the scripts are full of bugs\errors. I'm new to Extreme Networks, so my knowledge is a little lacking. I'm able to do this with my Cisco equipment using ip sla and tracking statements, but of course it's well documented in comparison to what I've found with Extreme Networks. I would appreciate any help. I'm looking for detailed configs and\or explanation.

Drowning,

Jeff

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Jeff,

How are you verifying it is not hitting the ACL? Can you add a "count test;" in the then section of the ACL:

entry Network1 {
if match all {
source-address 10.0.0.0/24;
destination-address 192.168.12.0/22;
} then {
permit;
redirect-name primary_GW;
count test;
}
}

Then run "refresh policy " and "show access-list counter ingress"

Yes. I made the comment. The problem is; if I don't enter a static or default route, the traffic NEVER gets routed to the nexthop, it just dies. And if I'm verifying correctly, I don't ever see it hit the access-list. I definitely see the flow-redirect health-check go up and down when the nexthop isn't available, but regardless, it never hits the nexthop indicated in the flow-redirect.

Jeff_McLeod
New Contributor
P.S. How do we close this thread?

Jarek
New Contributor II
Jeff, what extreme device do you have? -- Jarek

Hi Jeff,

This is exactly how flow-redirect works. It will overpower what ever is in the routing table. You should be able to add in a second next hop address and give it a different priority. I will do some research to make sure this checks the availability of the hop.
GTM-P2G8KFN