cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What are my options for routing vlan traffic between two x460 devices which are in different locations?

What are my options for routing vlan traffic between two x460 devices which are in different locations?

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
The two devices have L3 connection using e-BGP(Both x460 have different BGP neighbors). I have tried L3 GRE tunneling and it doesnt work as I am using Virtual Routers and MPLS is not supported on e-BGP. I am clueless on how to proceed and looking for some guidance.
10 REPLIES 10

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
Hey Praveen,

I get this error when I am trying to create tunnel on the switch.
Tunnel cannot be created on user VR vr-test, only on VR-Default.

Just wanted to know if there was any other way to make this work?

Regards,
Ashwini

Jacob__Praveen
Extreme Employee
Ashwini,

You can even attach an image here if you want to so that we can understand your topology better. Let us know what each switch is currently running so that we can point out where the issue might be.

Can you tell us what exactly didn't work out with GRE-tunneling of L3 packets?

Thanks,
Praveen

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ashwini,

Yes , as I mentioned earlier open a new GTAC case.

Please find below link to create GTAC case.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-contact-Extreme-Networks-Global-Tec...

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
Hi Suresh, Two switches can ping each other and both are running 16.1 EXOS version. Yes it's the same issue. I think opening a GTAC case is necessary to solve this. Regards Ashwini

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ashwini,

I can see your previous conversation regarding GRE-tunnel issue.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/route-vlan-traffic-between-two-locations-with-g...

If itā€™s for same network lets debug the GRE-tunnel configuration and the routes by creating a GTAC case.

So that we can trace where is the issue and check other possibilities for your network.

Thanks and regards.

Suresh.B

GTM-P2G8KFN