cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless CTP tunnel

Wireless CTP tunnel

Valdes__Victor_
New Contributor
We have Enterasys APs (3705i, 3710i & 3710e) attached to a C25 controller. They have a static IP and everything seemed to work fine but when I look at the Active Wireless Report, I can see that the tunnel duration on some AP's is lost. At first I thought they were resetting but they aren't. Out topologies are B@AP and the client is not loosing any service but that behavior is not ok. The firmware we are running is 08.32.03.0002.
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Let's get more details...
- is the EWC and the APs in the same VLAN/subnet
- is the problem new after upgrading to this release or is that a new installation
- how often does it happen
- are all APs affected at the same time

In general I'd turn on a port mirror of the EWC port and check the trace file.
If you filter on "wassp.type == 16" you should see a WASSP poll from the AP to the EWC and then the answer in the return direction.

But it depends, I had the same issue and checked the logs for one AP with the most reboot (my SSID was routed so the AP has done an reboot) and turned on a port mirror on the AP port do reduce the trace data size.
I've troubleshooted for weeks, tried everything, at the end I've replaced my C4110 and the problem was gone..... so sometimes it's try & error.
GTM-P2G8KFN