cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ho integrate Third party solutions for assessment that works with Extreme Control expecially now that assessment license is EOS?

Ho integrate Third party solutions for assessment that works with Extreme Control expecially now that assessment license is EOS?

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi, 

after the EOS of the assessment license for ExtremeControl (and so the dismission of the extreme agent) now the only solution for do an asessment on the endpoints is to use a third party solution.
Which is the best solution that works well with Extreme Control and is there some documentation on how to do these integrations?
We have a customer that is looking for a NAC solution that is able also to do assessment of the endpoint before accept on the network (check on AV status and so on...).

Thanks,

Antonio

4 REPLIES 4

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi Mike,

I've not made a test with latest versions of Nessus server (10 and above), due to the fact that the server agent is not certified for nessus server above version 6.
As of ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine version 22.06.10, only Nessus Version 6 is officially supported.
I'll wait for something that is officially supported.

Mike_Lidgett
New Contributor
HI Antonio,

Did you ever get anywhere? I have the same issue the latest release notes say Version 6 which was released in 2014 and they are up to v10.   Do they say that because it doesn't work on version 7 and beyond or just that v6 was the last time they did formal testing etc but newer versions work fine.
I have a customer who essentially will cut a PO if V10 works.

Mike

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi Sam,

I'm already in touch with a local SE (I'm italian), but I've tried to check on the community if someone have experiences on that to share with me related to already done implementations of these kind of integrations and what are those reccomended.

I add that on XIQ - Site Engine guide, at the following link:
https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/control/access_control/docs/t_ov_ia_ht_assess_agent_nessus.html?Highlight=nessus

seems that only nessus server version 6 is supported, but if I see in the download page of Tenable's site, only more recent versions are presents.
Have someone made this kind of integration for the assessment and has some documentation to share for this configuration?

BR,

Antonio

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Antonio, that would be a great question for our sales team. If you can let me know generally where you are located, I can find a local sales engineer for you to speak to.
GTM-P2G8KFN