cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 Regulatory domain question

AP250 Regulatory domain question

sergi_dupe
New Contributor III

I've found a 2nd hand AP250 sold in Great Britain that has at the back the following:

-FCC, -CAN, -CE as a regulatoy domains.

I would like to use this AP in Spain, so my gess is that AP could fit the regulations of the country. Isn't it?

Second question is: Does an AP that has -CE label at at the back could be used in Europe without issues?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can try to change the country code in the GUI, but if the region code doesn't match the country you're trying to change to, the update would fail. Unfortunately there isn't a way for you to change the region code. Support can update both codes for you if you can provide remote access to the AP.

sergi_dupe
New Contributor III

Regarding the sentence: "You'd need to open a technical support case to request the country code be updated", setting the country code in ExtremeCloudIQ by myself is not enough then?

Regards,

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can use the AP in European countries, but you'd need to get the country code changed to fit the location of the AP, so we can be sure the AP is complying with all local wireless signal regulations. You'd need to open a technical support case to request the country code be updated.

GTM-P2G8KFN