Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive Portal issue

Captive Portal issue

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I've followed the Self Registration PPSK SSID Hivemamanager without any issue.

I've created the 2 SSID (one with PPSK and the one with Captive Portal).

When I'm connected to the Captive Portal, I'm not redirected to a registration page (even when I'm going to a Web browser).

Impossible to have the Registration Page. I've my broswer loading in infinity loop. Any tips ?

The PPSK SSID is working fine and waiting PPSK Key, but obsviously without the Captive Portal I can't test.

On the captive Portal, when we choose a "Cloud PPSK Registration Server", do we need to open specific port on firewall point of view ?

18 REPLIES 18

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Thomas, I've tested against the IDM server as below:07e0fa613d5c499a9e8b000566f3469c_0690c000006kiriAAA.png

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

​Hello,

So I made a call with a Aerohive tech on the Captive Portal but without being able to solve the issue.

When I tried to test tcp port [TCP 2083, 20000 ~ 20256] on several of these addresses 34.253.190.192 ~ 34.253.190.255, I get nothing (unlike on tcp-80 and 443).

The addresses should answer to the TCP-port test ? Do you have test example ?

PS : My security team did confirm the port are open.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you might benefit most from a technical support case at this point, so a technician can schedule a call with you to review your configuration over a screen share session and troubleshoot from there.

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Yeah, this is what I have done.

Except, when I'm using captive portal, I don't get any IP address on my other VLAN.

I have set a specific user access setting on my PPSK SSID, and my CWP use the PPSK SSID to connect.

When I tested directly with this specific VLAN, I was automatically redirected on the captive portal page.

On the current configuration, I don't get IP address so I can't be redirected on Captive portal page.

GTM-P2G8KFN