Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive Portal issue

Captive Portal issue

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I've followed the Self Registration PPSK SSID Hivemamanager without any issue.

I've created the 2 SSID (one with PPSK and the one with Captive Portal).

When I'm connected to the Captive Portal, I'm not redirected to a registration page (even when I'm going to a Web browser).

Impossible to have the Registration Page. I've my broswer loading in infinity loop. Any tips ?

The PPSK SSID is working fine and waiting PPSK Key, but obsviously without the Captive Portal I can't test.

On the captive Portal, when we choose a "Cloud PPSK Registration Server", do we need to open specific port on firewall point of view ?

18 REPLIES 18

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can host several VLANs on the APs, it's set through the user profile attached to the SSID, and we can even have multiple VLANs assigned to a single SSID.

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I have tested with my own personnal connexion, and it's working well (except the SMS. I don't receive any SMS with the password).

With our Guest user circuit, it's working also.

On my company network, I want to have only one link between my switch and my AP to bear all my VLAN and to isolate the traffic between guest and company's users.

Is it possible to have several Layer 3 VLAN on Aerohive AP ?

An alternative solution is to wire the second ETH port, but I'm not fan of that (too much switch's interface use).

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For ports 80 and 443, could you check HTTP and HTTPS as well?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

My apologies, you are correct it needs to be TCP. Sorry for the confusion.

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Just a question : on this page https://cloud.aerohive.com/support/Amsterdam.html, I can see the traffic to the 2083 is on TCP. Can you confirm it's in TCP instead of UDP ?

I'm making my firewall opening request to my company.

GTM-P2G8KFN