Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive Portal issue

Captive Portal issue

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I've followed the Self Registration PPSK SSID Hivemamanager without any issue.

I've created the 2 SSID (one with PPSK and the one with Captive Portal).

When I'm connected to the Captive Portal, I'm not redirected to a registration page (even when I'm going to a Web browser).

Impossible to have the Registration Page. I've my broswer loading in infinity loop. Any tips ?

The PPSK SSID is working fine and waiting PPSK Key, but obsviously without the Captive Portal I can't test.

On the captive Portal, when we choose a "Cloud PPSK Registration Server", do we need to open specific port on firewall point of view ?

18 REPLIES 18

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

UDP 2083 is used for most of the CWP traffic, so if no clients are able to reach the CWP, we like to make sure this port is allowing traffic.

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

I'll try when I'll connect to our Captive Portal again. Currently, I'm not even able to do so...

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Of course, I'll let only allow specific VLAN to the port.

We have a proxy that filter all traffic, and UDP 2083 is not bypassed on this Proxy. This port is use for what ?

On the https://cloud.aerohive.com/support/Amsterdam.html, I've allowed only TCP 80/443 from 34.253.190.192 to 34.253.190.255

ashley_finch
Contributor III

If you go to wifi123.org do you see the Captive Portal page? I normally use this one to test as it's a HTTP page so you should then hit the captive portal page. Else I'd check Sam's suggestions!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know. I checked your device template and I don't see anything in there that would stop clients from reaching the CWP (although we don't typically recommend trunking for all VLANs, we usually recommend you specify the ones you want). Could you confirm that any firewalls or content filters on the network are allowing traffic via UDP 2083?

GTM-P2G8KFN