Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive Portal issue

Captive Portal issue

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I've followed the Self Registration PPSK SSID Hivemamanager without any issue.

I've created the 2 SSID (one with PPSK and the one with Captive Portal).

When I'm connected to the Captive Portal, I'm not redirected to a registration page (even when I'm going to a Web browser).

Impossible to have the Registration Page. I've my broswer loading in infinity loop. Any tips ?

The PPSK SSID is working fine and waiting PPSK Key, but obsviously without the Captive Portal I can't test.

On the captive Portal, when we choose a "Cloud PPSK Registration Server", do we need to open specific port on firewall point of view ?

18 REPLIES 18

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

I've tried to connect to our Captive Portal with :

• Android phone : Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Computer on Windows 7-Windows 10
  • Iphone X

I've got always the same result : impossible to connect to it.

In the first implementation, I could connect to this SSID and receive an IP address on the good VLAN. Then, I was able to ping Internet (8.8.8.8) but not going through Web Browser.

Things to know on the Public SSID, I've assigned a specific VLAN (9). We're using the same port for all SSID, and I have configured trunk port on switch.

I think it's maybe link to to the DEVICE TEMPLATE I've created.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for giving me access. I took a look at the configuration and everything looks fine. Could you tell me what client device OS types you've tested with; i.e android, apple, Mac, windows laptop, etc? Also, on a device we are testing with, after connecting to the SSID, could you try manually navigating to 1.1.1.1?

thomas_berthome
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I gave you Observer access on our Aerohive platform. The Network Policy we're using is Named SGS-FR.

You can send me directly an email on : thomas.berthome@sgs.com

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to add me as an external admin so I can take a look at the configuration? No changes will be made, I just want to see the set up we're working with currently. If you'd like to add me, please use slynn@aerohive.com. Also, if there are multiple network policies or SSIDs, please let me know which ones to focus on.

GTM-P2G8KFN