cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell N1500 Stack Problem

Dell N1500 Stack Problem

cornelius
New Contributor

We are currently rolling out 3 new Dell Switches to our Test Environment. The three switches are stacked by using the first two 10G SFP+ ports of each unit. The other two SFP+ Port are used to connect to the Firewall and the Servers.

After connecting the switches to hive Manager they were recognized as a stack and we could roll out the stack template. The Problem is that the port configuration is not updated with the template config. The two stacking ports of the first unit are shown as phone ports and all other ports of all Units are Access ports with vlan1. Hive Manager Reports that the config was successfull uploaded but no vlan is configured on any port were it should not be 1.

Has anyone seen similar Problems? The Firmware is 6.5.2.5 which is the most recent at the Moment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble with the Dell switch stacks. We are going to need to troubleshoot this with you to see if this is an issue with the GUI or if the updates are not going out completely. If you do not currently have support, please email me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll help you open a case for this issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble with the Dell switch stacks. We are going to need to troubleshoot this with you to see if this is an issue with the GUI or if the updates are not going out completely. If you do not currently have support, please email me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and I'll help you open a case for this issue.

cornelius
New Contributor

After trying out some stuff i have some more Information About the Problem. Today suddenly the switch ports were configured on the dell switches as defined in the template. But in the Hive Manager the ports are shown wrong. All stack ports are shown as phone ports. Is this intended? The other Problem is that the port listing in the hive Manager is sorting the ports wrong. For the first stack member Ports 1-24 are Ports GI 1/0/1 - 1/0/24 (Gigabit ports) on the switch an Ports 25-28 are Ports TE 1/0/1- 1/0/4 (SFP+) on the switch.

For the second switch ports 1-22 are GI 2/0/3 - GI 2/0/24 - Ports 23,26 are TE 2/0/1 and 2/0/4 and Port 27, 28 are GI 2/0/1 and GI 2/0/2. This is only shown wrong in the Monitoring, in the stack template configuration the ports are shown correctly and the config on the switch is correct too.

Very strange behaviour, making the start with aerohive very hard.

GTM-P2G8KFN