cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.

karlc87
New Contributor

Hi Community,

I wanted to register my Aerohive AP230 on ExtremeCloudIQ, but I get the error:

Can you please support me?

Serial number: 02301405161228

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

SamPirok
Community Manager

That is correct. If you would like to use the free ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) platform, you’ll have to re-register and choose the Connect version of XIQ. Connect is free to use but has a limited feature set. To register for a Connect XIQ instance, you’ll want to go to extremecloudiq.com> Click register here> Fill out the form> wait for the confirmation email and then click the link to set your password> After that you should see the option to use the full feature version of XIQ for a trial period, a place to enter a license if you have one, or the option to use Connect. Choose Connect, rebuild your network policy, then remove your APs from the old XIQ inventory and add them to the Connect inventory. 

akin_oezguer
New Contributor III

So I can only do all these steps, if I got a license 😞 right?

SamPirok
Community Manager

You need to apply a new license to the HiveManager before you will be able to leave the page you are on. You will want to contact your sales engineer to partner to purchase a new license. 

akin_oezguer
New Contributor III

If I click on Global Settings, nothing happens!
I’ve tried every Browser I got but nothing happens. 
Any idea?

SamPirok
Community Manager

You’ll need to add a license to your HiveManager instance before you can leave that page or update the APs. To get a new license you will want to reach out to your sales engineer or partner you purchased your devices from. 

After you’ve applied the license, click on this silhouette icon in the top right corner to find Global Settings: 

1bf6ec4fa13a4010b46970c5e8076f93_6e7cc6e9-5e00-4743-ac40-9585500ea458.png

To change the management status back to managed (again after you’ve applied the new license so you see the correct options available), check the box next to the AP> Click Actions> Change Management Status> Manage Devices: 

1bf6ec4fa13a4010b46970c5e8076f93_becfe96c-aeb7-4ee1-8c7e-1a9296a3ed5e.png

To update the APs firmware you’ll want to check the box next to the AP and click Update Device (which will appear on the screen you took a screen shot of, after you’ve applied a license): 

1bf6ec4fa13a4010b46970c5e8076f93_f5ab8bdd-e3ae-4bbd-aa38-01c4cb755543.png

GTM-P2G8KFN