cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

childs999
New Contributor

I have bought a new AP130 unit that is currently running 6.5r1b and I want to update this to 10.0r7a. When I attempt to do this via hiveamanger (Cloud) I get an error "device update failed". I've read some other forum posts indicating I may need to jump to a slightly NEWER firmware before upgrading to 10.0

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

childs999

25 REPLIES 25

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Each device model has it's own firmware line so you would need different firmware for the 121s, 130s, and 230s. The device needs to be on 6.5r3 minimum to work with HiveManager, if you find you have devices on older firmware than 6.5r3 please let me know what version they are using and I'll send you the necessary files.

samgeer123
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick help! I also have some old 121s and am planning on acquiring some 130s and/or 230s in the near future, is there different firmware I should have for each in the likely case that at least some are also out of date?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is an older version, I've emailed you with some newer versions and a guide that reviews how to update firmware via the APs Web UI. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

samgeer123
New Contributor

I also have 2 ap390s that are giving me a update error. I think the version they have 6.0r2d, I assume this is quite old.

stevee
New Contributor

Ok. Sam, I'm going to have to look into this later tonight. Other things have come up elsewhere. I'll have to get back to you. Thanks for everything so far.

GTM-P2G8KFN