cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting log as below ah_dcd: system: ioctl 4096 failed, rc = -1 What log is this about and how to resolve this

getting log as below ah_dcd: system: ioctl 4096 failed, rc = -1 What log is this about and how to resolve this

girish_karkhani
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That seems to be an input/output failure message. I'd like to take a look at the full buffered log to see what's going on. If you could email that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, that would be helpful. You can either get this via the GUI by downloading tech data, or by using this guide and pulling tech data from the CLI of an AP- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

To get tech data:

If you are using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)- Go to Monitor> check the box next to the AP> Utilities> Get tech data.

If you are using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)- Go to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the AP> Get tech data (at the top of the page this time).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That seems to be an input/output failure message. I'd like to take a look at the full buffered log to see what's going on. If you could email that to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, that would be helpful. You can either get this via the GUI by downloading tech data, or by using this guide and pulling tech data from the CLI of an AP- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

To get tech data:

If you are using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com)- Go to Monitor> check the box next to the AP> Utilities> Get tech data.

If you are using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)- Go to Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the AP> Get tech data (at the top of the page this time).

GTM-P2G8KFN