HiveOS Matrix

HiveOS Matrix

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

bb9222c67a2f4a5d81c5a9f7a9e91a9f_0694Q000009I2oYQAS.png

34 REPLIES 34

nmercurio
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​ What is the difference HMOL and HM Cloud? I have some 130s and 550s in use currently running 8.2r5 and I want to ensure I upgrade to the latest firmware.

rsmith2
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick response Sam! I will try this.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a great question, we've moved away from the "golden" vs "feature" release trains, and now just recommend that you stay on the latest available firmware to benefit from all the current bug fixes, features, and security updates. I would recommend updating everything you're using to the latest available firmware, and if you still have issues with the APs I'd recommend opening a technical support case so we can work on those issues with you.

rsmith2
New Contributor

This might be a dumb question, but I was previously told my devices should only be running the "golden version" of firmware. I have been having issues with my AP 250s running on Hivemanager now for the last few months...really since replacing our old switches with Aerohive switches. The issues mostly consist of APs suddenly not allowing Internet traffic or not balancing out between nearby access points. Seems the issue may be related to the switches being newer than the APs and conflicts between firmware versions? Currently my APs are running 8.2r4, which seems to be way out of date with what the chart recommends. My switches are running 1.0.1.26. Should I update to these recommended firmware versions above?

dan11
New Contributor

done. thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN