cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a used HiveAP to my HiveManager Connect account if the AP was previously assigned to another company, but the company gotten rid of it?

How do I add a used HiveAP to my HiveManager Connect account if the AP was previously assigned to another company, but the company gotten rid of it?

isaac
New Contributor

I would like to get this device transferred to my HiveManager account, but I'm unable to open a support case with Aerohive. Is there a way I can achieve this in the console connection to the device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Technically, the AP's serial number must be removed from the Aerohive Redirector DB. This can be done by the owner of the original Redirector account, if any, or by Aerohive Support.

I am not sure yet how this new Portal works for Connect users, but I'd try the following:

• On the Community portal Home, click on "Hivemanager Connect" on the right hand side
  • Now click on "Open a Case"
  • Provide the AP's serial number. You also want to provide some sort of "proof of ownership" - a photo is a good starting point, Aerohive might ask for more (letter from the previous owner...).
  • One Support has enough proof that you are the rightful owner, they should remove the AP from the Redirector DB, which will enable you to register it to your Connect account.

Good luck - and please post your result to this ticket 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

isaac
New Contributor

Thank you for the help! Unfortunately when I tried that, I get a big red bar across the screen that says "User does not have access to create a case." Oh well. It might be because I registered for the Community here separately from setting up my HiveManager account, so the system doesn't have those accounts tied together. I tried piggybacking on someone else's request, so we'll see what happens.

The serial number in question that needs deleted from the Redirector is 12011033100089.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Technically, the AP's serial number must be removed from the Aerohive Redirector DB. This can be done by the owner of the original Redirector account, if any, or by Aerohive Support.

I am not sure yet how this new Portal works for Connect users, but I'd try the following:

• On the Community portal Home, click on "Hivemanager Connect" on the right hand side
  • Now click on "Open a Case"
  • Provide the AP's serial number. You also want to provide some sort of "proof of ownership" - a photo is a good starting point, Aerohive might ask for more (letter from the previous owner...).
  • One Support has enough proof that you are the rightful owner, they should remove the AP from the Redirector DB, which will enable you to register it to your Connect account.

Good luck - and please post your result to this ticket 🙂

isaac
New Contributor

The error I get currently reads:

The device appears to be in use by another VHM.

GTM-P2G8KFN