cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I flash the LED so I can locate a WAP?

How do I flash the LED so I can locate a WAP?

paul_specht
New Contributor

I am trying to make the LED flash so someone can identify a WAP.

I am trying to use system led power saving mode

I am SSH'd into a test WAP that I can see from my desk.

But I am not sure what to set. I tried to set the delay for 1 hour and set the on interval to 25s and the off to 35s. But the WAP I am testing with doesn't blink.

I thought the GUI used to have the ability to make the led flash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have that function in the GUI, the location just depends a bit on which HiveManager you are using:

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com): You would want to go to Monitor> Check the box next to the AP> Utilities> Locate Device. Then you can choose the rate of flashing and what color the AP flashes.

HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com): In HiveManager you can find the same feature in Tools> Utilities> Locate Device.

Is that what you were looking for?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

olof
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​  I found this answer through google, and it seem to be a hazzle to find it in the menus, so here is a direct link to it

extremecloudiq.com/#/tools/utilities/selectDevices/locateDevice

paul_specht
New Contributor

Sam,

yes it was. thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have that function in the GUI, the location just depends a bit on which HiveManager you are using:

HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com): You would want to go to Monitor> Check the box next to the AP> Utilities> Locate Device. Then you can choose the rate of flashing and what color the AP flashes.

HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com): In HiveManager you can find the same feature in Tools> Utilities> Locate Device.

Is that what you were looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN